You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login

Reply #6: Depends on how things go [View All]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » General Discussion Donate to DU
malthaussen Donating Member (413 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Nov-23-11 01:38 PM
Response to Reply #2
6. Depends on how things go
Why far-fetched? Because we're nicer people than those other guys? The question lies in how broken the system in fact is. So far, there seems to be little responsiveness coming out of our government, and increasing repression of legitimate protest. Manifestly the soi-disant 1% has little or no need of the other 99%, since they can get their profits and goodies elsewhere. They do, however, seem to be getting increasingly frustrated with the OWS movement, as the increasing levels of oppression indicate. What makes you think they won't lose their tempers altogether?

-- Mal
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top

Home » Discuss » General Discussion Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators

Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC