(CNN) House Republicans were shocked by some of the recent high-profile retirements announced by their colleagues, which have included powerful committee chairs and rising stars inside the GOP. But given the miserable state of affairs inside the House right now, they also werenât exactly surprised. âTheyâve signed up to do serious things. And weâre not doing serious things,â said Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado, a conservative who is retiring after bucking his party on several key issues. Rep. Don Bacon of Nebraska, a moderate who represents a key swing seat, pointed to his partyâs struggle to govern as driving the departures.
(CNN) Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on Sunday demanded Speaker Mike Johnson and House Republicans pass a foreign aid bill following the death of Russian opposition leader Alexey Navalny, saying Russian President Vladimir Putin âis watching.â Schumerâs pressure on Johnson comes after President Joe Biden, in a call Saturday with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, directly tied Ukraineâs withdrawal from the key town of Avdiivka to Congressâ inability to pass further aid for the countryâs effort to fend off Russiaâs invasion.
(Crooks & Liars) Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Sunday blasted House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) for following Donald Trump's "path of cowardice" on Russia. Cheney appeared on CNN following the death of Alexei Navalny, a critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin. "He has said, and I take him at his word, that he believes that God has told him that he's called to be Moses, and I think Mike Johnson ought to look at whether or not this is actually that moment," she continued.
(Huff Post) The Alabama Supreme Court ruled Friday that frozen embryos are children, which pro-choice rights groups have warned could have dangerous implications for fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization. The Alabama Supreme Court on Friday reversed Mobile County Circuit Court Judge Jill Parrish Phillipsâ decision to dismiss a lawsuit in which a couple sued an Alabama fertility clinic and hospital for the âwrongful deathâ of their frozen embryos in a ruling that was riddled with theology.
'They have bled that list of people dry': Conservative Rick Wilson says Trump voter pool is tapped out
(Raw Story) Donald Trump has so far been able to fund his legal bills using small-dollar donations from his loyal fan base, but that time may be coming to an end after the ex-president's latest legal blunder, according to conservative Rick Wilson.
(Newsweek) Donald Trump supporters have been brutally mocked on Russian state-controlled TV, with one commentator branding them "not very smart primitive people." The comments were made during Friday's edition of the primetime Meeting Point show which is broadcast by NTV, a network owned by state-controlled energy giant Gazprom. In the video, Maxim Yusin, a Russian journalist and political commentator, says: "The majority of people who vote for Trump are not very smart primitive people with whom you need to talk like this, with cliches and dumb slogans."
(Washington Post) Every year, local television news stations owned by Sinclair Broadcasting conduct short surveys among viewers to help guide the yearâs coverage. ... A key question in each poll, according to David Smith, the companyâs executive chairman: âWhat are you most afraid of?â The answers are evident in Sinclairâs programming. Crime, homelessness, illegal drug use, failing schools and other societal ills have long been core elements of local TV news coverage. But on Sinclairâs growing nationwide roster of stations, the editorial focus reflects Smithâs conservative views and plays on its audienceâs fears that Americaâs cities are falling apart.
Wisconsin 'fake elector' Andrew Hitt says he was tricked into signing document claiming Trump won in 2020
(The Hill) The former chairman of the Wisconsin Republican Party said Sunday he was âtrickedâ into signing documents alleging former President Trump won the 2020 election as part of the stateâs âfake electorâ scheme. âWe got specific advice from our lawyers that these documents were meaningless, unless a court said they had meaning,â he said. He added that he felt pressured into signing the document, fearful that he would be held responsible in the situation that the Trump suit won and the electors were not prepared.
(Business Insider) Denmark is sending its "entire artillery" to Ukraine, the Danish prime minister has said. Speaking at the Munich Security Conference, Mette Frederiksen appealed to other European nations to do more to help Ukraine in its fight against Russian President Vladimir Putin's invading forces. "They are asking us for ammunition now. Artillery now. From the Danish side, we decided to donate our entire artillery," she said.
- Liberal YouTubersFox News Panel Explodes As Liberal Shreds Their Lies! - Pondering Politics
- Liberal YouTubersInternet Savagely Ridicules J.D. Vance Over His Online Search History - Waldorf Nation
- Israel/PalestineSpain to impose sanctions on violent Israeli settlers if no EU deal
- Israel/PalestineNetanyahu: Israel to keep military control if two-state solution met
- Cable News ClipsInside the mind of donald trump: his niece Mary Trump speaks to Andrew Marr LBC
- Foreign AffairsChinese fishing vessels are going scorched earth and pumping cyanide into contested waters, Philippine fishing authority
- Israel/PalestineIsrael assembly falls short in vote to expel lawmaker over genocide case
- Editorials & Other Articles'Unconscionable' criminal justice bills could fuel soaring incarceration in Louisiana
- Foreign AffairsWestminster Abbey agrees 'in principle' to return sacred tablet to Ethiopia
- Liberal YouTubersORANGE GRIFTER'S LATEST SCAM Gets Instantly Exposed -Meidas
- Music AppreciationBilly Strings "Shady Grove" 7/22/23 Essex Junction, VT
- Weather WatchersSouthern MD sunset 2/19
- Weather WatchersWatch for this week's Snow Moon, smallest full moon of the year.
- PetsI'm being held hostage by some handsome scallywags. And a stuffed tiger
- ScienceRecovering Lanthanides (Rare Earths) From Acid Mine Drainage.
- HumorMike Luckovich-The Emperor has lots of footwear...
- PetsCoinidence or spiritual? Whichever is fine.
- ArtistsMama deer and her fawn
- PhotographyMy favorite critters. Discovered I had to keep the thread for it to be in my journal.
- Weather Watchersjust talked to a friend in modesto ca.
- Jewish GroupAntisemitism Rises Again in the British Labour Party
- Asian GroupRACIST Professor Wants 'Fewer Asians' In The U.S.
- Women's Rights & Issues"American Cassandra: the life of Dorothy Thompson," book by Peter Kurth
- African AmericanNavy commissions ship named for Medal of Honor recipient
- Women's Rights & IssuesOn This Day: Betty Friedan draws large numbers of new supporters to feminist cause - Feb. 19, 1963
- Catholicism and Orthodox ChristianityTbomas Merton:
- Asian GroupMiso soup by Tegomaasu
- Jewish GroupMan arrested for allegedly beating up elderly man because of his Jewish background in Lauderhill
- LGBTNew York archdiocese calls funeral for trans activist Cecilia Gentili at cathedral 'scandalous'
- LGBTHow to be a victim of transphobia without being trans or anything?
- Canada'Correcting history': Louis Riel's portrait as Manitoba's 1st honorary premier unveiled
- PennsylvaniaYour water bill could increase $265 a year under proposed EPA rule, Philly water department says
- PennsylvaniaPa. election 2024: The state Senate races to watch as Democrats seek the majority
- TexasHouston paper endorses Nikki Haley over TFG
- MarylandOn the morning of February 17, 2003, the roof of the B&O roundhouse in Baltimore collapsed.
- WashingtonNew Poll: Ferguson Sprints to the Lead in Governor's Race
- WashingtonHOUSING Republicans in Washington Legislature bristle over collapse of rural housing bills
- WashingtonWA Senate pitches new spending for school construction, housing and 2026 World Cup
- UtahUtah still upset about polygamy.
- Canada#TheMoment a mom bartered with a moose to save her groceries 12 hours ago
Monday - February 19, 2024 / 3:48 PM EST A satellite will likely make an uncontrolled return through Earth's atmosphere on Wednesday, according to the latest estimates from the European Space Agency. ERS-2, which weighs about as much as an adult male rhinoce ... (CBS News)
Monday - Maksim Kuzminov, a Russian helicopter pilot who has defected to Ukraine, was found shot dead in Spain, Ukrainska Pravda and other outlets reported on Feb. 19, citing the press service of Ukraine's military intelligence. Kuzminov made headlines in Aug ... (Kyiv Independent)
Monday - Published February 19, 2024 2:32PM (EST) A space probe nearing its 50th birthday has stopped contacting Earth and soon communications could be ceased entirely. Launched by NASA in 1977, Voyager 1 is one of the longest continually-running spacecraft ... (Salon)
Monday - Published 11:33 AM EST, Mon February 19, 2024 CNN â The US is investigating after an unmanned US drone crashed near Hodeidah in Yemen early Monday morning, two US officials told CNN. Itâs unclear if the Air Force ... (CNN Politics)
Monday - February 19, 2024 12:45 PM EST BRUSSELS, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Iran continues to enrich uranium well beyond the needs for commercial nuclear use despite U.N. pressure to stop it, IAEA chief Rafael Grossi said on Monday, adding he wanted to visit Tehran ... (Reuters)
Monday - February 19, 2024, 2:47 PM An ancient lake that reemerged at Death Valley National Park last year will stick around for longer than initially expected now that several rounds of extreme rain have poured through Southern California, according to offic ... (ABC News)
Monday - Feb 19, 2024, 05:15 AM EST John Bolton, who served as a national security adviser to Donald Trump, on Sunday suggested the former president may be targeted by Americaâs foreign adversaries because of the amount of money he now owes ... (Huff Post)
Monday - 02/19/24 3:48 PM ET A bipartisan group of lawmakers is urging their colleagues to back a modified version of a foreign aid and border security package it unveiled last week. In a âDear Colleagueâ letter sent Sunda ... (The Hill)
Monday - Published 2:58 PM EST, Mon February 19, 2024 Washington CNN â Idaho officials asked the Supreme Court to let the state enforce a strict ban on gender-affirming treatments for minors in an emergency request made public Monday by one ... (CNN Politics)
Monday - Published Mon, Feb 19 2024 3:20 PM EST The United States has proposed an alternative draft United Nations Security Council resolution calling for a temporary ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas war and opposing a major Israeli ground offensive in Rafah in ... (CNBC/Reuters)
Monday - Feb 19, 2024, 7:17 AM EST Apple is expected to be fined by the European Union for the first time, according to reports by the Financial Times and Bloomberg. The EU is set to impose a penalty of about 500 million euros ($539 million) in early March, t ... (Business Insider)
Monday - February 19, 2024, 11:35 AM President Joe Biden, in the wake of the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny, said congressional Republicans are "making a big mistake" by not passing additional aid to Ukraine. Biden, returning to the White H ... (ABC News)
Monday - WASHINGTON, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Donald Trump, who drew criticism as U.S. president for his praise of Russian leader Vladimir Putin, made his first public comment on the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny on Monday in a social media post ... (Reuters)
Monday - FINANCE Capital One Is Buying Discover Financial Deal would combine two of the largest credit-card companies in the U.S. By AnnaMaria Andriotis https://twitter.com/AAndriotis email@example.com and Lauren Thomas https://twitter.com/laurenth ... (The Wall Street Journal.)
Utah's new 'Sovereignty Act' sets up a process to overrule the federal government. But is it constitutional?
Monday - A bill recently signed into law in Utah sets up a process for the state to overrule or otherwise ignore federal rules and decisions, the latest move in a Republican-led push against what they see as federal overreach. The Utah bill, introduced as the ... (CNN)
Monday - The Wisconsin governor, Tony Evers, has signed into law a pair of new state legislative maps, undoing a Republican gerrymander that has shaped Wisconsin politics for more than a decade and giving Democrats a chance at winning control of the state in ... (The Guardian)
Monday - By BRIAN P. D. HANNON Updated 12:59 AM CST, February 19, 2024 The funeral of a renowned transgender activist in a New York cathedral elicited a denunciation of the event by a senior church official, who called the mass a scandal within one of the pre ... (AP)
Monday - Israel will expand military operations in the southernmost Gazan city of Rafah if hostages held by Hamas are not returned by the start of Ramadan, war cabinet minister Benny Gantz has warned. âThe world must know, and Hamas leaders ... (CNN)
Monday - Published Mon, Feb 19 2024 7:09 AM EST Munich, GERMANY â The U.S. is considering slapping sanctions on Chinese companies it believes are helping Russia fuel its war in Ukraine, members of Congress told CNBC, marking the first direct ... (CNBC)
Monday - Mon 19 Feb 2024 07.00 EST Former employees of Caring Across Generations, a high-profile caregivers association run by one of the USâs leading labor activists, and backed by celebrities including Megan Thee Stallion and Bradley Coope ... (The Guardian)